Don't excuse yourself by saying,
"Look we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:12







Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hello...

 
 
 
 
It's me, I was wondering if we could meet after all of these years....
Just kidding.  Getting in on the Adele humour of her Hello song.
 
So, it really has been awhile. Over 2 years to be honest.  A lot has happened during that time.  Where to begin.  I don't know.  Truth is, I'm finding it difficult just to write.  Anything.  I feel the rumblings of words trying to escape.  To break through the barriers that I've put in place to protect the innocent.  You and me. ;)  But the war is raging. The dam is starting to feel the pressure of my silence.  The words are leaking out.  Seeking refuge through my fingers.  Begging to be written upon a page.  Looking for a voice of their own. One to call their own. 
 
Where do I start?  In the present? The past two years?
 Mix them up a bit?
 
Maybe this is more about me and processing what has happened the last few years.  About finding the joy in writing and expressing myself through words once again.  Embracing my calling.  Encouraging others who might find this place.  These words.
 
Maybe it's also allowing the words to flow so that I can find that voice once again. To give my words the voice they long for.  To fan the embers back into a fire.  To find a way to do some good in this world.  Not just with words but through action.  Sharing with others the things I love and care about. Pointing you to needs that are around us.  Here in the United States as well as across the ocean.  Calling others to action. 
 
I don't know how often I will post.  But I know that the rumblings are growing louder and louder.  This was the first step.  Putting aside the fears.   Typing before editing.  Just allowing the words to come as they may.  I don't know what will be shared next.  The present or the past or the passion.  But I will find something to share with you.  I don't know that anything will be worth reading.  What I do know is that God has to be the one to breath life into the words that want to escape.  That are begging for their release. 
 
This is raw.  This is almost unedited.  Almost.   It is what it is.  Fear didn't win.  Unless I refuse to push the publish button.  :o
 
Blessings and hugs,
Laurie

No comments: