Don't excuse yourself by saying,
"Look we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:12







Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where are we in the adoption process?

It's been a while since I updated on that.  Our little guy is still waiting for mommy and daddy to come.  We are so ready to bring him home but we are in a slow moving process it seems.  Our home study is "done".  At least the visits are complete.  We are still waiting for one background check to come back, so that the final documentation can be finalized and the final "notes" can be written up.  I've just mailed off our post placement fees ($3000 worth!!  HOLY MOLY!!!)  I am still compiling documents like birth certificates, work verification letter, physicals, and a few others for our dossier. The paper chase seems non stop.  Once I get all of those, then I will have to make certain that they are notarized and apostilled.  Some I can get done here, others can't be.  The hardships of a family who moves a lot. 

I know that God has all of this in his hands.  It just seems like we have been in the waiting room for so long.  Yet, God keeps whispering to my heart, enjoy the wait.  I am trying so hard to remember that I will never have just the four with me once D comes home.  Harry Yak won't be my youngest anymore.  Buddy will "really" be the middle child.  Teddy Bear will officially be the oldest in the house and Bella will more likely be off to college.  Life will be different with different dynamics.  I will have a special needs child in my home and I will have to figure out how to do things differently to meet his needs.  So, I'm trying not to rush through all of this and yet get him home sooner rather than later.  He's my boy who needs some loving hands to comfort him, tickle him,  hug him, and tuck him in bed.  All the things that I 've said before and every other mom and dad before me.  Just so hard sometimes to think about him far away.  Lonely. Wondering if anyone is EVER going to come for him.  I'm trying to learn from others during this time.  How they handle the hard moments.  The reality moments.  The moments when all seems unfair and emotions get the best of you and them.  Yet all of it will be different for us in our journey with him. 

So, where are we, still working towards our little boy.  Our sweet love of ours, we are coming!!!  We will make to you!!!  Hoping sooner than later.  Just know we are coming!!!

STWTHE,
Laurie

No comments: