Don't excuse yourself by saying,
"Look we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:12







Friday, November 23, 2012

There's A Time for Everything


Ecclesiastes 3:4    
   a time to weep and a time to laugh,

   a time to mourn and a time to dance,

First, let me say Happy Belated Thanksgiving.  We pray that it was a time of fun, laughter, complete joy, reflection of just how good God is, of the good gifts he has bestowed upon you and your family as well.

This week has been bittersweet.  We had some movement in our adoption work, we celebrated 
Thanksgiving yesterday, today is K's and my 21st wedding anniversary,  Monday and Tuesday are two sweet littles birthdays. Those are all of the sweets. Though our family did not and will not be celebrating these with my hubby here with us.

Here's the bitter- We are in a time of remembrance this week as we think about the life of my mother-in-love.  She went to be with Jesus on Monday after hearing my father-in-love say he loved her one last time.  After 45 years of marriage, I can't imagine the grief being felt by him. The love of his life, his best friend, the mother of his last child, my hubby.  J was an amazing woman.  She loved fiercely.  Had much wisdom to share. Gave all that she had.  She was funny and animated - how many of your moms would sing the Lucille Ball song, "I am queen of the gypsies" in the middle of the store, and include the dance to go along with it?  I will remember her always saying,"oh swell." to so many different things.  Whenever she had to say good-bye, she would cry, though always trying to hold back the tears and never wanting to squeeze to tight.  As if she was afraid she wouldn't be able to let go if she did.  I had the honor of knowing this woman for 23 years and the privilege of calling her mom for the last 21. We didn't always agree with each other, but I love her every much.  She was a marine wife (1st husband died), an airman's wife (my fil), mother of 6 (blended family and my sweet hubby being the glue to bring them all together), army mom, step-mom, mother-in-love, grandma, great grandma, daughter, sister, aunt, and servant.  I'm sure I've missed a few things in there but you can see she wore many hats and always in purple :) There are many things I will miss about her.  Many thanks I should've shared.  I pray she knows how much she was loved and how dearly her presence will be missed.

Will you lift my husband, his dad and the rest of the family up in prayer as they prepare for the long weekend of saying good-bye to this extraordinary woman?  There are two services planned and it will be draining on them.  Thank you.  We thank you so much for your prayers.

STWTHE,
Laurie

1 comment:

Paula said...

So sorry, Laurie. I will be praying for your family this week.