Don't excuse yourself by saying,
"Look we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:12







Thursday, October 31, 2013

Long time posting.....

Wow!!!  I can't believe how long it's been since I posted.  Life has been downright busy.  There were so many things happening behind the scenes here that I just didn't have time to share life here on the blog.  I'm not even sure how much time will be afforded me in the coming months as life changes some more.  So, here's some random things about the last several months.

Hubby was gone for a long while and is now home.  Life as a military family does that sometimes.  But he is back and we are trying to find our new normal.  That's hard when his job keeps changing on us.  lol.  But such is life again as a military family.  So, as he heads into his new job for a short time, we will embrace whatever God has for us at this time.  Embrace what he is to learn and take that with us to the next job he goes into around June 2014 time frame.  No, it's not usual for a military man to change jobs so often but the last 12 months have been anything but usual where we are.  All of these things have been abnormal for different reasons (positions needing to be filled temporarily for one reason or another) and therefore has caused him to change jobs because he is the best "fit" or so "they" say.  He's learned a lot and has done all of this with a lot of grace and ease.

Our homeschool has a taken a turn in what we are doing.  I'm not much for co-ops.  Not because they are bad things but because they take a lot of time.  I'm very selfish with that time.  But this year, we are not involved in just one, but two co-ops.  We sort of like them and sort of don't.  Like I said, I am very selfish with my time and these two days of giving up what I want to be teaching so that they can experience other things and other teaching ways....  Let's just say, my laying down of what I think should be happening is much more difficult than I thought would be the case.  :) But I am learning and growing through these experiences as are the kids.  The fact that we don't really have a routine is good and bad. Good because we are in a season of being flexible.  Bad because this season is not exactly my favorite when I know what I want to be teaching.  LOL.  But I know God is using all of this for his glory to teach myself and the kids a few lessons about diligence and endurance and not being legalistic about things. 

We've had the roof over our garage on the house we aren't living in collapse and leaks in several areas. Appliances break in that same house.  All of it has been fixed.  Had my washer break here and had to buy a new one.  Then my car started acting up, that was a pretty penny to fix.  There was something else and I can't think of it right now but you get the drift.  So, can you say we are adopting? 

On that note.  Here's an adoption update....  It's moving forward.  We were officially matched with D back in September.  A couple of weeks after hubby came home as a matter of fact.  We had no idea our dossier had been submitted until 4 days later, we were told of that surprise.  Then when we got a call 2 days after that saying we had been matched, we were floored. Took less than a week to get the approval from our son's country.  Then the information flood gates opened up on our guy.  His story.... no way to describe it honestly.  Getting pictures of him..... Let's just say this momma's heart was tremendously blessed.  It was an awesome day since all six of us were together to get them.  We signed our LOA about a week later and our i800 has been submitted.  God knows what needs to happen and so we will wait patiently for him to say go.  We are ready for him as best as we can be right at this point.  Boys' room is all ready.  Bed made.  Stuffed toys waiting to be snuggled with. Lots of cars and trains awaiting to be played with.  Clothes washed and put away.  The only thing I don't have for him yet is a toothbrush and shoes.  Toothbrush - honestly I keep forgetting to buy one when I go to the store.  Shoes because we want to know his measurement to try to get the best fit possible.  Brothers and sisters await eagerly for the new addition.

So life in general is moving along.  Lots of changes on the horizon.  Lots of changes now.  But God is with us every step of the way.  When fear sets in, God always reminds me just where he is.  Right here with me.  He has gone before us to make the crooked paths straight.  Learning to trust in so many new ways as we face some unknowns. But what I do know is the ONE who holds us as we trust in his navigation of all that is set before us.  All I have to offer during this time is empty hands lifted high as I kneel before the throne of the One who calls us his.

Thanking Jesus for this journey.  May he bless you as you travel your road of trusting him completely.

STWTHE,
Laurie

No comments: