Don't excuse yourself by saying,
"Look we didn't know."
For God understands all hearts, and He sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve.
Proverbs 24:12







Friday, May 10, 2013

Update and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Another month has gone by.  My goodness!!!  Where is the time going?  What's going on around here?  Lots and lots.

We've had two copperhead snakes right around us in the last week.  The first one my boys jumped over the threshold of their door to get into a neighbor's house.  The other was out front moving underneath my vehicle.  I was a little nervous about it.  It ended up going down into the storm drain in the street.

We had to say good-bye to those same neighbors today.  They were the first to welcome us to the neighborhood and were such a blessing to us.  Best friends having to say good-bye once again.  My kids hate this part of being a military family, as do I.  Constant change. 

I have forgotten what it's like to be a military wife.  I know that's a strange statement but the jobs my sweet man has had the last 5 years prior to this were behind the scenes, no interaction with families, and to be honest quite sheltered.  It was boring at times and yet fabulous at others.  But with this new job and position he is holding for just a short while longer, I have had to really step up and be out in the forefront which is not my most favorite place to be.  Sorry, but I'm being honest. How does his position concern me being in the forefront?  Well, as his spouse it puts me in a position to be the go to person for the spouses of our soldiers.  The issues that I have had to deal with concerning the spouses have taken me by surprise.  But I have found that I am more capable and more knowledgeable than I ever thought.  It has SHOCKED me beyond belief.  I guess I have paid attention when it was important to ;)  The people I have met along the way are amazing.  Ok, most of them are.  There are about three of them that I don't fancy much.  But I have limited to no interaction with them and I am quite content with that.  I'm sure they are quite lovely people but our personalities are more like oil and water and just don't mix very well.  Drama is not my forte and I just don't do well with those who like to live in their version of Army Wives.

Update on our adoption:  We have had our biometrics done this past week.  Our I800a is being processed.  Hopefully it won't take 90 days to be completed.  I have a couple more documents to obtain to complete the gathering process.  5 documents have come back with apostils on them. YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!!  Another group will be completed this next week, I hope, one set is already back in the state it needs to be in order to obtain it's apostil, and then the last group will be mailed off later next week (God willing) to be done.  We got to send a package with some friends heading to our son's country tomorrow.  He won't get it before we are officially matched but at least when that happens he will get it soon after.  Our hearts are running over with joy and excitement as things seem to be moving forward.  With all of the negative stuff happening around us these are the moments that breath life back into our weary souls. 

We are still waiting to hear when/if we leave and where we will go next.  I think I'm more impatient about this than going to get our son.  Silly isn't it?  I should be use to this process but I'm not.  Delays irritate me but I'm sure there are reasons beyond my knowledge.

This isn't a play by play of the last month but a limited synopsis of it.  The coming weeks will be just as busy with trying to get our school finished up for the year.  Choosing new curriculum, I think.  Change of commands.  Change of positions.  Saying good-bye to more friends and neighbors as they move on to their new duty stations.  Events for our unit.  Events to keep the kids busy and engaged.  Bella graduating (OH MY!!!!!)  and all of the other things going on in our neck of the woods. 

Happy Mother's day to all of you who are, who have been, who will be a mom.  To all of you who are single moms, know that you are doing a GREAT JOB!!! Even when you think you are screwing up, know you are not.  You do the best that you can and when you give your kids the best of you - THAT'S THE BEST and what counts the most.  I had a single mom and she didn't give us the best of stuff but the best of who she was.  That's what I remember most.  Not the other stuff.  For those of you waiting to become moms or have lost your children, keep holding on.  That day will come when you see your child(ren).  Whether it's for the first time or once again.  You are not forgotten in all of this though it may seem like it.  For those of you in the throws of motherhood, keep fighting the good fight for your children.  Continue to be their biggest advocate, cheerleader, comfy pillow (that's what Harry Yak calls me), their safe place to land when the world is turning upside down.
Each one of you, no matter the category, is important and loved.  Precious and true.  Keep being true to yourself and those around you.  Stand strong and proud. 

STWTHE,
Laurie

No comments: